Homemade almond and honey facial exfoliator recipe
December 7, 2009
This is a great recipe for perking up dry skin in the Winter. It’s quick to make and you probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen cupboards.
What you need
- 1/2 cup of ground almonds (exfoliation & vitamins)
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar (exfoliation)
- 1 tablespoon of honey – runny or set (humectant properties – which means it attracts moisture and holds it)
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (balances PH of skin, tonic action which means it promotes blood circulation, helps ingredients bind together)
- 1 cup
- 1 small bowl
How to make
- Measure out your ground almonds and granulated sugar and mix together
- Measure out one 1 tablespoon of honey and add to the mixture.
- Measure out 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar has a bit of a pong but this soon fades.
- Mix all of the ingredients together with your hands. When the mixture starts to clump together it is ready. If your mixture is too powdery, add more honey and carry on mixing.
Moisten face with warm water. Gently rub exfoliant into skin (avoiding eye area) and rinse off with warm water and a wash cloth.
Tried this recipe? Drop us a note and let us know what you think!
Do not use if you have a nut allergy.