September 1, 2008
After Suki Kramer started creating her own formulas, she realised that if she was looking for these types of products, they others must be too.
Suki was founded by Suki Kramer out of the need to create quality natural products that didn’t exacerbate her eczema. The first step for Suki was researching cosmetics/body care products and learning about ingredients and how the human body processes them.
Suki started off making mixtures for herself and her family using basic formulas and herbs. She created extracts and infused oils, then salves and finally creams and lotions.
The idea to turn these mixtures into a business came from the thought that if she was looking for these types of products, then other people probably were too.
The goals for Suki’s products are to:
- Provide consumers with “sophisticated products that were sensual, aromatic, and completely clean”, so that people feel great when they are using them
- Formulate each product towards a treatment goal
- Help people look better without hurting themselves
- Inform and educate people about what they are putting on their skin
Suki use a wide range of herbs, flowers and oils in their products that are:
- 100% natural
- Extracted from the most potent part of healing plants
Some of these ingredients include apricot, flaxseed, rosehips, rice powder, oat milk, chamomile, pure fruit oils, green tea, shitake rosemary, shea butter, evening primrose and clay-kaolin.
Ethics, values and principles
To work with organisations that make a difference:
- The Organic Consumer’s Association
- The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
- The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics
- Breast Cancer Action
- The Alliance for a Healthy Tomorrow
- The Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition
- The Green Products Alliance
- The American Botanical Counci
High standards – To make their products organic and equal in quality to the food we eat
Sustainability – To cause the smallest impact to the environment in everything they create and do.
Education – Rather than just giving people natural products, educate people as to why they are good for them and how they help their bodies. Educating people in this way enables them to make informed choices because they understand what they are putting on their bodies.
Quality – Integrating science, tradition and nature to create 100% natural products that are kind to the body, clean and effective.
Cruelty free – No Suki products or ingredients have been tested on animals. They also make sure their suppliers operate by the same ethics.
Recyclable glass bottles with plastic lids.