Your guide to natural and organic living

Badger Chai Rose Lip Care Stick

June 3, 2008

A melt on the lips lip salve with rose and cardamon.

This was the first lip salve I bought after kicking my ‘Vaseline habit’: I use to put it on all the time, but my lips still felt really dry all the time! Someone pointed it out to me that it was this (petroleum based lip salve) that was probably making it worse rather than better. So I gave up the Vaseline and sure enough no more sore lips 95% of the time! But I still needed a lip salve for the other 5% of the time and discovered Badger Chai Rose salve.

I love the way this product just melts onto my lips and leaves a thin oil rather than sticky gloop! It soaks in pretty quickly which is great because I didn’t end up eating more of it than my lips absorbed. The stick of lip salve is quite soft and therefore best kept out of the heat or it can become too soft.

I was expecting this to smell strongly of rose, but it actually smells more of cardamon and a little rose. I personally love the smell but if you are not that keen on cardmon, it might be better to try another one of their flavours: Highland mint, pink grapefruit, lavender & orange, vanilla, tangerine, ginger & lemon or unscented.

I have used this product on my lips when they have been a bit dry and when they have been very chapped. I have to say that it didn’t make a huge amount of difference to very chapped lips but it is a great product for perking up slightly dry lips or for general lip care.

If you can’t find any natural lip gloss, I think this is a pretty good alternative. I didn’t get a high gloss shine, but it was noticeable enough. Badger sell many flavours of lip salve but as I never really need to put lip salve on anymore, this is the first flavour I have tried.

Summary

  • Pros: Great value for money, ideal for everyday lip care
  • Cons: Doesn’t sort out severely chapped lips that well

Ingredients

*Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Golden Yellow Beeswax, *Castor Bean Oil, extracts of *Aloe Vera, and CO2 Extracts of Rosehip & *Seabuckthorn Berry. * Certified Organic

One Comment

  • Badger Jentri on November 5, 2008

    Badger has discontinued the stick version of Chai Rose, but it is still available in our .75 oz lip and body tins!

Let us know what you think